This week we’re housesitting on a beautiful lake in central New Hampshire! The leaves are juuuuust starting to turn colors and the summer crowds have left, leaving us almost alone with the loons 🙂
Our favorite finds from around the web:
- How to make your life adventure ready. As we slow our travels, we want to make sure to keep our sense of adventure. “In between the epics, though, are a thousand tiny ways to get into the woods, from impromptu paddles to single-night backpacking trips. [But] it’s not always easy, and there are plenty of reasons to stay on the couch.”
- On moving up a grade in life. “I think it’s possible to replicate that sense of progress by asking some simple questions each September: do I feel like I’ve moved up a grade in life? If so, great. But if not, what could I do so I’ll feel differently next September?”
- Ann Patchett’s Guide for Bookstore Lovers. It’s a road trip map … of bookstores. Go thou and do likewise. (Some of our favorite indie bookstores: Peregrine Book Company, Prescott, Arizona; Sherman’s, Bar Harbor, Maine; Taylor Books, Charleston, WV. What are yours?)
Currently reading: This Is Where You Belong: Finding Home Wherever You Are (Rebecca), Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy (Ryan)
Favorite Instagram (throwback!):
One of the best parts of camping in the desert was getting to put our new ARB 2500 awning to work! 💪In less than 5 minutes, we could be all set up, with the awning out for shade, and our chairs and some cold drinks 🍹 out of the #hitchenette, enjoying the mountain views and desert breezes. 🌄 So glad we upgraded to the awning! 💯
On the blog:
- Last week: Where in the World Are Ryan & Rebecca?
- One year ago: Our first southwest adventure, by the numbers. (Still one of our favorite trips ever!)
- Two years ago: The first “real” day of our FIRST ROAD TRIP … discovering South Dakota and the Badlands.
Roundup format borrowed from Modern Mrs. Darcy, who writes one of my favorite weekly link posts!